Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 18 13/16 inches (32.1 x 47.8 cm) and Image: 11 11/16 x 17 7/8 inches (29.7 x 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Longitudinal Section of a Design for a Chapel to be built at Enfield, No. 1"; inscribed on verso in in graphite, upper left: "JL | 4. 72 | AD. 76"; in graphite, center: "Enfield"; inscribed on verso of mount, center: "Lewis Vulliamy | Design for a chapel at Enfield"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | lofts | pews | scale (rule) | spires
- Associated Places:
- Enfield | England | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.