- Illanoan Pirates of Tampassook (Borneo)
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 18 1/2 inches (13.3 × 47 cm) and Mount: 7 1/4 × 19 1/2 inches (18.4 × 49.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Illanoan Pirates | of | Tampassook | (Borneo)"; in graphite, upper center: "OR 2629 | B31"; center right: "8 in x 3 inches | 1/2 less"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Borneo"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Marryatt. 1848 | Drawing Borneo | Set of 4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Francis Marryat, 1826–1855, Illanoan Pirates of Tampassook (Borneo), 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.