IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Last Scene: 'Jack Sheppard's Farewell to Mr Wood / Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard / The Body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob', 1839
The Last Scene: 'Jack Sheppard's Farewell to Mr Wood / Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard / The Body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob'
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 7 inches (21.8 x 17.8 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 1/8 inches (17.7 x 15.5 cm), Sheet: 6 x 4 1/8 inches (15.3 x 10.4 cm), Image: 5 5/8 x 3 13/16 inches (14.3 x 9.7 cm)
Lettered, upper center below top image: "Jack Sheppard's Farewell to M.r Wood."; center below center image: "Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard."; lower center below lower image: "The body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob. | George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Chapter 31 - 'The Procession to Tyburn' | criminals | crowd | crying | death | dying | gesturing | hanging (execution) | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | men | mobs | novel | smoke | soldiers | women
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.