- The Last Scene: 'Jack Sheppard's Farewell to Mr Wood / Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard / The Body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob'
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 7 inches (21.8 x 17.8 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 1/8 inches (17.7 x 15.5 cm), Sheet: 6 x 4 1/8 inches (15.3 x 10.4 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 3 13/16 inches (14.3 x 9.7 cm)
Lettered, upper center below top image: "Jack Sheppard's Farewell to M.r Wood."; center below center image: "Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard."; lower center below lower image: "The body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob. | George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Chapter 31 - 'The Procession to Tyburn' | criminals | crowd | crying | death | dying | gesturing | hanging (execution) | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | men | mobs | novel | smoke | soldiers | women
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Last Scene: 'Jack Sheppard's Farewell to Mr Wood / Blueskin cutting down Jack Sheppard / The Body of Jack Sheppard carried off by the Mob', 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.