Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The First Step, undated
The First Step
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 5 3/4 inches (20.3 × 14.6 cm) and Image: 5 1/8 × 3 3/4 inches (13 × 9.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Geo.g Cruikshanke~ | The First Step."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dancing | doorway | genre subject | girls | illustration | men | teaching | top hat | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.