Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jack Sheppard and Blueskin in Mr. Woods Bedroom, 1839
Jack Sheppard and Blueskin in Mr. Woods Bedroom
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- 8 9/16 x 7 3/8 inches (21.8 x 18.8 cm), 7 1/16 x 5 7/8 inches (18 x 15 cm), 5 13/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.8 x 12.3 cm), and 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches (11.5 x 9.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshanke~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bedroom | candle | Chapter 2 - 'The Burglary at Dollis Hill' | criminals | dark | Epoch the Third: "The Prison-Breaker." | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | knife | literary theme | masks | men | night | novel | pistol | robbery | sleeping | spying | thieves
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.