Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jack Sheppard and Blueskin in Mr. Woods Bedroom, 1839
Jack Sheppard and Blueskin in Mr. Woods Bedroom
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 7 3/8 inches (21.8 x 18.8 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 5 7/8 inches (18 x 15 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 5 13/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.8 x 12.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches (11.5 x 9.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshanke~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bedroom | candle | Chapter 2 - 'The Burglary at Dollis Hill' | criminals | dark | Epoch the Third: "The Prison-Breaker." | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | knife | literary theme | masks | men | night | novel | pistol | robbery | sleeping | spying | thieves
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.