The Tailors Baffling the Bailiff
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 x 5 3/8 inches (23.7 x 13.6 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 3 11/16 inches (17 x 9.4 cm), and Image: 3 11/16 x 3 1/8 inches (9.4 x 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Smollet | Bell & (?)D"
Lettered, upper center: "11."; lower center: "George Cruikshank | The Tailors baffling the Baliff. | p. 397."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attics | bags | candles | caricature | genre subject | hats | humor | illustration | manager | men | policeman | roof | saws | scissors | spying | surprise | tailors
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Tailors Baffling the Bailiff, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.