Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Mr. Wood Offers to Adopt Little Jack Sheppard, 1835
Mr. Wood Offers to Adopt Little Jack Sheppard
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 7 7/16 inches (22 x 18.9 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 6 inches (18 x 15.2 cm), Sheet: 5 11/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.5 x 12.1 cm), and Image: 4 5/16 x 3 5/8 inches (11 x 9.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruickshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bed | bottles | candles | Chapter 1 - 'The Widow and her Child' | child | children | criminals | discussion (meeting) | drawings | drinking glasses | Epoch the First: "Jonathan Wild" | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | man | men | mother | novel | offer | son | table | woman
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.