Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Murder on the Thames, 1839
The Murder on the Thames
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- 9 1/16 x 7 7/16 inches (23 x 18.9 cm), 7 1/16 x 6 inches (18 x 15.3 cm), 5 13/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.8 x 12.2 cm), and 4 3/16 x 3 11/16 inches (10.7 x 9.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | Chapter 6 - 'Storm' | criminals | death | drowning | Epoch the First: "Jonathan Wild" | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | men | meteorology | murder | night | novel | river | rowboats | storm | torch | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.