Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Mrs. Sheppard Expostulating with her Son, 1839
Mrs. Sheppard Expostulating with her Son
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (21 x 17.6 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 inches (17.7 x 15.3 cm), Sheet: 5 13/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.8 x 12.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.1 x 9.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | bed | boy | cat | Chapter 19 - 'Good and Evil' | discussion (meeting) | door | Epoch the Second: "Thames Darrell." | gesturing | home | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | mother | novel | sitting | son | spying
- Associated People:
- Jonathan Wild
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.