Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Mrs. Sheppard Expostulating with her Son, 1839
Mrs. Sheppard Expostulating with her Son
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (21 x 17.6 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 6 inches (17.7 x 15.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 5 13/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.8 x 12.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.1 x 9.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | bed | boy | cat | Chapter 19 - 'Good and Evil' | discussion (meeting) | door | Epoch the Second: "Thames Darrell." | gesturing | home | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | mother | novel | sitting | son | spying
- Associated People:
- Jonathan Wild
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.