Danes Island, China
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 21 3/16 inches (27.9 × 53.8 cm) and Mount: 12 × 22 5/16 inches (30.5 × 56.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sotheby"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Dane's Island | William Daniell RA; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "3A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "3A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "3"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Zhonghua
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Danes Island, China, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.