Danes Island, China
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 11 × 21 3/16 inches (27.9 × 53.8 cm) and 12 × 22 5/16 inches (30.5 × 56.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sotheby"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Dane's Island | William Daniell RA; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "3A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "3A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "3"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Zhonghua
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Danes Island, China, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.