Part of Calcutta Taken From the B[...]mgalow a Little Below the Orphan House
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 20 3/4 inches (32.1 × 52.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 5/16 × 21 3/8 inches (33.8 × 54.3 cm), and Mount: 14 1/4 × 22 7/8 inches (36.2 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Calcutta"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower center: "N. [...] [crossed out] Part of Calcutta taken from the B[...]mgalow a little below the Orphan House"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | landscape | orphanage | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Kolkata | West Bengal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Part of Calcutta Taken From the B[...]mgalow a Little Below the Orphan House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.