IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Part of Calcutta Taken From the B[...]mgalow a Little Below the Orphan House, undated
Part of Calcutta Taken From the B[...]mgalow a Little Below the Orphan House
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 20 3/4 inches (32.1 × 52.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 5/16 × 21 3/8 inches (33.8 × 54.3 cm), Mount: 14 1/4 × 22 7/8 inches (36.2 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Calcutta"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower center: "N. [...] [crossed out] Part of Calcutta taken from the B[...]mgalow a little below the Orphan House"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | landscape | orphanage | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Kolkata | West Bengal
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.