South India: Landscape with a Mountain in the Background
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper; mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 9 11/16 inches (11.4 × 24.6 cm) and Mount: 5 × 10 9/16 inches (12.7 × 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "22"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountain | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, South India: Landscape with a Mountain in the Background, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.