- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 14 1/8 inches (23.2 × 35.9 cm) and Mount: 11 3/4 × 16 1/8 inches (29.8 × 41 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "17 69"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Dane's Island"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sotheby"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Dane's Island | William Daniell R A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | trees | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Dane's Island, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.