- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper; mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 14 3/16 inches (23.2 × 36 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 15/16 × 15 inches (25.2 × 38.1 cm), and Mount: 11 3/4 × 16 1/2 inches (29.8 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "18"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "18"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "70 344"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sotheby"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Dane's Island | William Daniell RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | hills | landscape | marine art | sails
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Dane's Island, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.