- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 7 1/4 inches (14 × 18.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 1/16 × 7 7/8 inches (15.4 × 20 cm), and Mount: 7 13/16 × 9 9/16 inches (19.8 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "4 Inches | upper part whole with 3 or 4 black specks on the [...] | lower part yellow"; center left: "yellow white | bark | yellow"; lower left: "the under part"; lower center: "dark reddish brown | yellowish white"; lower right: "on touch the [...] | a yellow liquid comes | [...] which stains very | much like aqua [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | leaves | notes | plants
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Sketches, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.