IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Sculptural Study, undated
- Gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 4 1/16 inches (15.4 × 10.3 cm), Mount: 7 7/8 × 5 1/8 inches (20 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Crown of a ten handed | Seamese. near Mudden | pou"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | elephant (animal) | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.