Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Sculptural Study, undated
- Gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 4 1/16 inches (15.4 × 10.3 cm) and Mount: 7 7/8 × 5 1/8 inches (20 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Crown of a ten handed | Seamese. near Mudden | pou"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | elephant (animal) | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.