Ganesha, near Sita's Temple, Rangpur
- Brown wash with graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 × 8 1/2 inches (26.2 × 21.6 cm) and Mount: 11 3/8 × 9 9/16 inches (28.9 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "near Sita's Temple Ranpgur B[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elephant (animal) | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | study (visual work) | temple
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Elio Schenini, On the Paths of Enlightenment: The Myth of India in Western Culture, 1808-2017, Skira editore, Milano, Italy, p. 84, cat. 28, N7305 .O58 2017 (LC) (YCBA)