Bridge at Alnwick Castle, Northumberland
- Part Of:
- Watercolor on slightly textured, medium, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 10 3/4 inches (20.6 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in 20th century hand in graphite: "Lion Bridge Alnwick | Built by James Adam | 1773", "AD 626"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | castle | figures | fishing | lion | river | sheep | swans
- Associated Places:
- Aln | Alnwick | Alnwick castle | England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Beilby, 1740–1819, British, Bridge at Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.