IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, [One of] Five Designs for a Church, undated
[One of] Five Designs for a Church
- Additional Title(s):
Design for a Church
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 19 7/8 inches (38.4 x 50.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "10", "20", "30 feet"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "80 feet of [?c]apes & 15 feet of [?y]arn; in graphite, throughout, calculations given; in graphite, lower right: "AD 516"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | crest | molding | pointed arch | religious building | sword | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.