Oare Church, Architectural Details
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, watercolor, graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 13 5/8 inches (43.8 × 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "OARE-- South side of the Communion Sable"; in pen and brown ink, center: "1.2.3. Bosses carved in Oak taken down from the intersections of | the roof if in 1836"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "North side", "Chancel Window"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. James Bulwer, 1794–1879, British, Oare Church, Architectural Details, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.