[One from] A Volume of Drawings and Prints
- Pen and brown ink, watercolor, graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 13 1/2 inches (43.8 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "HIC IACET GUILIHELMUS HARRISON | GENER: QUI OBIJT ET OBDORMIVIT | IN DNO 18 DIE MENSIS DECEMB: AN | DNI 1613 ANOQ AETATIS SVAE 7G"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "A Brass East Luccombe Church | heigh 30 inches"; in graphite, lower right: "[cancelled] J.S Colman"
Nog signed; dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sep. 19 1837"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. James Bulwer, 1794–1879, British, [One from] A Volume of Drawings and Prints, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.