The Rope Bridge, near the Light House, Holyhead
- Part Of:
- after 1814
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and scraping out on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 3/8 inches (16.5 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "The Rope bridge, near the Light house, Holyhead"; lower right: "3"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | bridge (built work) | cliffs | landscape | lighthouse | men | sailboats | steps | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Anglesey | Europe | Holy Island | Holyhead | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, The Rope Bridge, near the Light House, Holyhead, after 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.