IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, North Foreland Light House, after 1814
North Foreland Light House
- Part Of:
- after 1814
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (16.5 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "North Foreland Light House."; in graphite, lower right: "25"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bonnets (hats) | coastlines | landscape | lighthouses | meteorology | science | storms | top hats
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | North Foreland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.