West Front of Thornbury Catle, Gloucestershire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and 10 3/8 × 16 1/2 inches (26.4 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "West Front of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | chimney stacks | chimneys | country house | Tudor | Tudor arch | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | South Gloucestershire | Thornbury | Thornbury Castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, West Front of Thornbury Catle, Gloucestershire, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.