West Front of Thornbury Catle, Gloucestershire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 3/8 × 16 1/2 inches (26.4 × 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "West Front of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | chimney stacks | chimneys | country house | Tudor | Tudor arch | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | South Gloucestershire | Thornbury | Thornbury Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, West Front of Thornbury Catle, Gloucestershire, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.