Interior of a Rom in Samlesbury Hall; Lancashire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm) and 15 1/2 × 11 inches (39.4 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Interior of a Room in Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire | 34 feet by 20:6"; "7:0"; "Large Wood Sells [sic] to Windows in North Front"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, center right: "J. Buckler 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | engravings | gables | half-timbering | mullions | windows | Wooden architecture
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lancashire | Samlesbury | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Interior of a Rom in Samlesbury Hall; Lancashire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.