Samlesbury hall; Lancashire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and 10 3/4 × 14 1/2 inches (27.3 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | half-timbering | stonework | windows | Wooden architecture
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lancashire | Samlesbury | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Samlesbury hall; Lancashire, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.