a. Doorway in one of the Rooms at Montacute House / b.Door of Library at Montacute House
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image (upper center): 9 × 6 inches (22.9 × 15.2 cm), and Image (lower center): 7 1/4 × 9 1/8 inches (18.4 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Doorway in one of the Rooms at the Montacute House"; in pen and black ink, center: "Door of Library at Montacute House"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink on upper image, lower right: "J. Buckler 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimneys | country house | engravings | finials | lunette | strapwork
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, a. Doorway in one of the Rooms at Montacute House / b.Door of Library at Montacute House, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.