a. Doorway in one of the Rooms at Montacute House / b.Door of Library at Montacute House
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image: 9 × 6 inches (22.9 × 15.2 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 9 1/8 inches (18.4 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Doorway in one of the Rooms at the Montacute House"; in pen and black ink, center: "Door of Library at Montacute House"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink on upper image, lower right: "J. Buckler 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | engravings | finials | lunette | strapwork
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, a. Doorway in one of the Rooms at Montacute House / b.Door of Library at Montacute House, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.