- The Entrance to Burleigh park near Stamford
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 1/4 × 14 3/4 inches (26 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Entrance to Burleigh Park near Stamford"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "W.D. Legg, Architect 1801"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | country house | engravings | finials | gates | Georgian | strapwork
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lincolnshire | Stamford | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, The Entrance to Burleigh park near Stamford, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.