- North West view of Burleigh House The Seat of the Marquis of Exeter
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 × 17 1/4 inches (29.2 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "North West View of Burleigh House | The Seat of the Marquis of Exeter"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | chimneys | country house | finials | Georgian | loggia | mullions | parapets | transoms (windows) | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lincolnshire | Stamford | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, North West view of Burleigh House The Seat of the Marquis of Exeter, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.