South East View of the Remains of the Gorhambury House Hertfordshire, belonging to the Earl of Verulam
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and 10 1/2 × 15 1/2 inches (26.7 × 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South East View of the Remains of Gorhambury House, Hertfordshire | belonging to the East of Verulam"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | engravings | finial | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Gorhambury | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South East View of the Remains of the Gorhambury House Hertfordshire, belonging to the Earl of Verulam, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.