IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Interior View of the hall at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire; the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart, 1818
Interior View of the hall at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire; the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart.
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Castellated and Domestic Architecture of England and Wales from the 11th Century to the 19th, Vol. 2, Drawn by J. Buckler, F.S.A. & J.C. Buckler for T. L. Parker, Esqr.
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm), Image: 10 5/8 × 14 3/8 inches (27 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Interior View of the hall at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire; the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | country house | Elizabethan | engravings | fireplace | pediment | pilasters
- Associated Places:
- Burton Agnes | Burton Agnes Hall | East Riding of Yorkshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.