South East View of the Ruins of Moreton Corbet Castle, Shropshire; belonging to Sir Andrew Corbet, Bart.
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 12 1/8 × 18 3/8 inches (30.8 × 46.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South East View of the Ruins of Moreton Corbet Castle, Shropshire, belonging to Sir Andrew Corbet, Bart."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | country house | Dutch gables | Elizabethan | finials | manor | mullions | pilasters | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South East View of the Ruins of Moreton Corbet Castle, Shropshire; belonging to Sir Andrew Corbet, Bart, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.