- Charlcote house and Gateway, Warwickshire; the Seat of the Lucy Family
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 3/4 × 16 inches (27.3 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Charlcote house and Gateway, Warwickshire; the Seat of the Lucy Family"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | bay windows | country house | Elizabethan | finials | gatehouse | mullions | parapets | quoins | towers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Warwickshire | Wellesbourne
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Charlcote house and Gateway, Warwickshire; the Seat of the Lucy Family, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.