- South West View of Charlton House Wiltshire the Seat of the Earl of Suffolk
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 3/4 × 18 1/4 inches (29.8 × 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South West View of Charlton House, Wiltshire | The Seat of the Earl of Suffolk"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | chimneys | country house | finials | Jacobean | loggia | mullions | parapets | towers | windows
- Associated Places:
- Charlton Park | England | Europe | Malmesbury | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Charlton House Wiltshire the Seat of the Earl of Suffolk, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.