Country Walks: The Naturalist
- Sheet: 39 15/16 x 25 inches (101.4 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE NATURALIST finds London an ideal capital. It has in its centre a generous mosaic of open spaces in parks and squares. It has Hampstead Heath, Epping Forest, Wimbledon Common and Richmond Park on its doorstep. Above all, it has, within an hour of Charing Cross, almost a full range of English landscape in all its variety of vegetation and animal life. On foot (with Country Walks), by bus (with a Rover Ticket) a green and surprisingly local world is yours to explore. In tiny green type, along bottom edge of image, left: "263/84M/2700"; right: "Waterlow & Sons Ltd. London and Bunstable".
Signed in brown, bottom right corner of image: "Gaynor Chapman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badger (animal) | birds | botany | deer | fox (animal) | frog (animal) | landscape | mouse | park (grounds) | path | queen ann's lace | science | snake | subway | transport
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Gaynor Chapman, 1935–2000, British, Country Walks: The Naturalist, 1963
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.