Portrait of a Gentleman
- Watercolor and gouache on ivory
- Image: 1 3/4 x 1 3/8 inches (4.4 x 3.5 cm) and Frame: 1 3/4 x 1 3/8 x 1/4 inches (4.4 x 3.5 x 0.6 cm)
Engraved on back of frame upper center: "DD | AEt 52 | Ap 27 | 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ann and Kenneth Rapoport
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, Line of beauty : British drawings and watercolors of the eighteenth century, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2001, p. 34, cat. no. 25, NC228 W53 2001 (YCBA)