A View of Campo Vaccino at Rome
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Mount: 9 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches (24.8 x 31.7 cm), Sheet: 8 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (21.8 x 28.6 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 10 inches (20.1 x 25.4 cm), and Image: 7 3/16 x 9 11/16 inches (18.3 x 24.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "11"; lower center: "A view of CAMPO VACCINO at ROME."; lower right: "Debois fecit | Printed for John Bowles at ye Black Horse in Cornhill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buildings | cattle | city | cityscape | cloaks | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | cows | dogs (animals) | fountain | friars | genre subject | gesture | Grand Tour | hats | horses (animals) | livestock | men | merchants | oxen | piazza | pillars | pointing | resting | squares (piazzas) | staffs (walking sticks) | tower (building division) | trade | walking | walls
- Associated Places:
- Colosseum | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Roman Forum | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (de Bois), A View of Campo Vaccino at Rome, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.