A View of the Royal Palace at Naples
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Mount: 9 3/16 x 12 13/16 inches (23.4 x 32.5 cm), Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 9/16 inches (22.6 x 29.4 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 10 3/16 inches (22.6 x 25.8 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 x 9 13/16 inches (18.5 x 24.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "4"; lower center: "A view of the Royal Palace at NAPLES"; lower right: "Dubois fecit. | Printed for J. Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | basket | carriages | city | cityscape | coats | costume | dogs (animals) | flags | garden | genre subject | gowns | Grand Tour | gulf | harbor | hats | horses (animals) | marine art | masts | men | mountains | palace | promenade (walkway) | ramp | rowboats | sails | ships | slipway | staffs (walking sticks) | talking | trees | walking | walls | women
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Gulf of Naples | Italy | Naples | Napoli | Royal Palace of Naples
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Dubois), A View of the Royal Palace at Naples, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.