- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 9/16 x 11 5/8 inches (42.1 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Sorrento, | August 9 1838."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "73. | upright | above"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "33e"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boulders | bridge (built work) | cliffs | figure (representation) | gorge (landform) | landscape | rocks (landforms) | structures (single built works) | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Italy | Sorrento
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sorrento, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.