S. Pietro Degli Agostiniani. Leonessa.
- Watercolor, graphite, brown wash, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 9 11/16 inches (25.1 x 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Leonessa | 3. October. 1844."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "(13)"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "S. Pietro Degli Agostiniani"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "36a"; inscribed in graphite, center: "X [symbol?] upright | Top | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell tower | church | doorway | figure (representation) | mountains | stone | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Leonessa | Rieti | Terminillo, Monte
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, S. Pietro Degli Agostiniani. Leonessa, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.