Humphry Repton, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Humphrey Repton, Esq.
Humphery Repton, Esq.
- Stipple engraving, etching, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper; page in book
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 9/16 x 3 3/4 inches (16.6 x 9.6 cm) and Image: 1 15/16 x 1 5/8 inches (4.9 x 4.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "2"; on back, lower right: "11- | 25A"
Lettered in black ink, center right: "Cooke sc."; lower center: "HUMPHREY REPTON, ESQ. | THIS ingenious artist, who has acquired high celebrity as an architect and landscape gardener, was born in 1752, at Bury St. Edmund's." Additional text follows from front to back page.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | biography | book | gardener | illustration | man | novel | portrait
- Associated People:
- Repton, Humphry (1752–1818), landscape gardener
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Humphry Repton, Esq, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.