Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 x 13 1/2 inches (50.8 x 34.3 cm), Plate: 9 x 6 7/8 inches (22.9 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 3 15/16 inches (12 x 10 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "5/-"; on back, center right: "1607"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Proof"; center: "SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, P. R. A. | London, Henry Graves & Compy,, 6. Pall Mall, 1866."; center right: "G. H. Every."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | hat | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.