Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 x 13 1/2 inches (50.8 x 34.3 cm), Plate: 9 x 6 7/8 inches (22.9 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 3 15/16 inches (12 x 10 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "5/-"; on back, center right: "1607"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Proof"; center: "SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, P. R. A. | London, Henry Graves & Compy,, 6. Pall Mall, 1866."; center right: "G. H. Every."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | hat | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.