Sir Joshua Reynolds, Knt. L. L. D., President of the Royal Academy
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Joshua Reynolds Knt. L.L.D. President of the Royal Academy
Sir Joshua Reynolds Knt LLD President of the Royal Academy
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 6 3/16 × 4 1/8 inches (15.7 × 10.4 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 3 1/8 inches (9.6 × 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, upper center: "111 | [horizontal line] | 5"; on back of mount, lower right: "2/"
Lettered in black ink, center: "J. Condé Sculp."; lower center: "SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS KNT. L.L.D. | President of the | Royal Academy. | Published 1, Septr. 1793, by J. Sewell 32, Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | costume | frill | man | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Condé, 1765–1794, French, active in Britain, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Knt. L. L. D., President of the Royal Academy, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.