- Martin Archer Shee
- Stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 x 5 inches (19.5 x 12.7 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 inches (10.8 x 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "m | 25a"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: [facsimile of Shee's signature, reading "faithfully yours | Martin Archer Shee"] | Dublin Published by James Mc. Glashan 1846"; lower right: "H Griffiths Sc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | cravat | man | medal | pendant | portrait
- Associated People:
- Shee, Sir Martin Archer (1769–1850), portrait painter and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Griffiths, 1835–1849, British, Martin Archer Shee, 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.