- Paul Sandby
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 10 1/8 inches (32.5 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 5/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in blue pen, on back, lower left: "20"; lower center: "Painter | 1725-1809"; in graphite, lower right: "20"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance del.t Dec.r 21, 1794"; lower center: "Paul Sandby | Published by Will.m Daniell, No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Dec.r 15, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Sandby, Paul (bap. 1731, d. 1809), painter and engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Paul Sandby, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.