Lewis Schiavonetti, V.A.
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 10 15/16 inches (30.7 x 27.8 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 x 9 7/16 inches (28.9 x 23.9 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 5 13/16 inches (20 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in blue crayon, on back, lower left: "33"; lower center: "Engraver 1765-1810"; lower right: "33"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center above crayon: "Engraver 1765-1810"; lower center below crayon: "244"; lower right, next to crayon: "£3"; lower right below crayon: "33"
Lettered, center: "LEWIS SCHIAVONETTI, V. A. | Born at Bassano April 1. 1765. Died at London June 7, 1810. | Drawn by H.y Edridge and Engraved by Anth.y Cardon from the original Drawing in his Possession. | London: Pub.d Jan.y 1 1811. by Anth.y Cardon 37, London Street, Fitzroy Square."; lower center under border: "DEDICATED to the MEMBERS of the CHALOCOGRAPHIC SOCIETY, by | ANTHONY CARDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | collar | cravat | curls | gaze | jacket | man | pin | portrait | smile | vest
- Associated People:
- Schiavonetti, Lewis (1765-1810), printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anthony Cardon, 1772–1813, Flemish, Lewis Schiavonetti, V.A, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.