- between 1805 and 1808
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 17 3/4 x 12 7/16 inches (45.1 x 31.6 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (31 x 25.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Thos Stewardson | Portriat painter 1781-1859"; on back, lower right: "21 / | 1895 (circled and crossed out)" | 8940 (circled)"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J. Opie R.A."; lower center: "Published March 20th by W. Barney~ | M.R STEWARDSON."; lower right: "Engraved by W. Whiston Barney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cape | collar | man | mantle | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Stewardson, Thomas (1781–1859), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Whiston Barney, active 1805–1817, British, Thomas Stewardson, between 1805 and 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.