- Outside the Walls of Suez, 8:30 a.m., 17 January 1849 (54)
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 5 1/16 inches (19.4 x 12.9 cm)
Inscribed with pen in brown ink over graphite, lower left: "8 -/2.a.m."; in brown ink, center right: "outside the | walls of Suez."; in brown ink over graphite, lower right: "54"; Verso: in graphite, lower center: "D. Gallup"; in graphite, upper right: "41."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camels (mammals) | figure (illustration) | genre subject | harnesses | robes | saddles | studies (visual works) | tassels
- Associated Places:
- Africa | As-Suways | Egypt | Suez | Urban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Outside the Walls of Suez, 8:30 a.m., 17 January 1849 (54), 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.