- Watercolor, graphite, pen and cochineal and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 1 7/8 x 6 3/16 inches (4.8 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and cochineal ink, lower right: "21. January.1854. 6.P.M. | 114"; Verso: inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "uppermost"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "Thebes"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "24"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "100"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939, in memory of Paul Horgan
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | landscape | river | river | sky | structure (single built work) | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Thebes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Thebes, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.