Catherine of Braganza
- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 × 10 13/16 inches (47.9 × 27.4 cm) and Image: 17 3/16 × 10 1/2 inches (43.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in blue pen, on back, center: "(1638-1705)"; in graphite, lower left: "VOL VIII"; in blue pen, lower left: "Oxford"; in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Marked in gray ink, lower left, stamped: "Hope | Port. Collin (rest cut off)"; on back, lower left, in red ink, stamped: "Ashmolean Museum | Duplicate | Sold by Authority."; lower center, in gray ink, stamped: "Hope | Port. Collin. | Oxford."
Lettered, lower left: "John Baptist Gaspers Pinxit"; lower center: "Serenissima Catharina Mag: Brit: Fran: & Hiber: | Regina &c."; lower right: "Sold by Moses Pitt at the | Angel in St. Pauls ChurchYard Ed: Davis Sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | broches | column (architectural element) | crown (symbol of sovereignty) | draperies | ermine | gaze | jewels | lace | mantle | monarch | necklace | orbs | pearls | portrait | posing | queen (person) | robe | ruler | sky | stairs | tapestry | tree | veil | window | woman
- Associated People:
- Catherine of Braganza, (1638 - 1705), Queen of Charles II
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Le Davis, active 1671–1691, British, Catherine of Braganza, 1682
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.